Wednesday, March 28, 2012

March 28, 2012

I am now one week old!  Haha and what a good week it was.  I met our investigators and am very pleased with their potential.  Their names are C, P, and I.  Please pray for them to know the truth and want to join the Church.  I know I was sent here at the right time so I can testify and help them come unto Christ.  It has been different getting used to the streets here and not knowing which way is north all the time, but I am getting used to it and can now find my way to church!  I wanted everyone to read King Benjamin's sermon to his people before General Conference, paying extra attention to Mosiah 4.  Me and my companions like to hit each other in the car when we see yellow cars, VW bugs, X-Terras, and Hummers.  Its an extra hit if it's yellow and one of those types and an extra if it's a convertible bug haha. Yesterday our GPS took us a weird way and we ended up right in front of the Pentagon and a camera took our pictures and some security guys came out and helped us find our way haha.  We have free reign to go into Virginia to teach deaf people and Patricia lives there so we were trying to get there.  Stupid GPS hahahaha.  But can you believe it?!  The Pentagon!!!  That was pretty awesome.  I'm still not used to driving along and seeing the Washington Monument or Capitol Building making the horizon.  DC is a special place.  Oh and also last Thursday we were at a members house named Emma Mayes and she had Scotch Bonnet peppers which rank between 100,000 and 350,000 on the Scoville scale.  In comparison jalapenos only rank between 2,500 and 8,000 on the Scoville scale.  So she had those INSANELY hot peppers and guess how many I ate?  That's right TWO of them!  Talk about the worst pain my mouth has ever experienced!  My jaw was clenching up and you know when the scriptures talk about the very bowels of Hell?  Yeah that was my stomach.  Haha but I'm glad I had that new opportunity and I'm gonna try to break the mission record of 10.  It's really quite torturous but I'm willing to do it.  Anyway getting along very well here in Washington DC.  ,\,,/ Elder Schoemig p.s. send me letters everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment