Wednesday, September 5, 2012

September 5, 2012

Hey Mom and other select group of people who may read this, another week in the hood, another person on date for baptism! This guy's name is A and he's from Ethiopia and roommates with J and the other Ethiopians. He's sooooooo cool! He reads the Book of Mormon in Amharic, which is the Ethiopian language, and then signs it in ASL, which he has only had about a month's training in! Wow right?! He says he believes the Book of Mormon and says it is simpler than the Bible and easier to understand. I guess in Ethiopia he graduated from a Bible school and is really good at reading scriptures and telling what it means and stuff. His scheduled date is October 14.

The work with the I family becomes frustrating and sad. They were so happy and loving last Thursday when we visited them but they didn't show up to church on Sunday because K got mad at B. We had scheduled a Visitor Center trip with them that day too but off course that fell through. I can't wait to have the senior missionary's here to help this family out. I love them so much and want to see them succeed individually and as a whole. This family needs a miracle and I'm certainly prayin for one.

And to my brother Kale, I'll be thinkin of you tonight bro! Send me a letter and tell me how it goes!

I hope Dakota's trip to Shriner goes well! I'm always prayin for you little brother!

That's super funny about the water in Grandma's and Grandpa's bathroom! I can just imagine it right now everyone running around trying to fix it with the water goin everywhere. Ha classic.

Today was Fall Sports Day! That's where all the missionaries in our mission go up to the Gaithersburg's bishops ranch and play sports and eat. We played a game called Hero Ball. It's a mix between soccer, capture the flag, and Quidditch. One direction there are soccer players, the other is Quidditch where you play like Ultimate Frisbee with a ball and there's 3 rings you must throw the Quaffle through and the Chaser's do that while the Bludger's are bludgeoning everybody that's playing, except for the goalies and Seeker, with dodgeballs and if you get hit you're out and you go off to the side until someone comes and takes your spot then you must recite 2 recitations and go back in and play. And capture the flag from one corner to another. It's super fun and there's tons going on at the same time and people are running around everywhere trying to score and whatnot. I played goalie in Quidditch and made some pretty dece saves.

Anyway now I gotta go! I love you all as big as the universe! To the edge, Elder Schoemig

No comments:

Post a Comment