Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April 10, 2013 - 10 months left

Hey!  This week saw an awesome General Conference and an awesome Cherry Blossom festival!  Two great things in one week makes for quite the week!

My favorite talks in Conference were, well, all of them!  But especially how the repeated theme I noticed was, "Don't think that because you sin God doesn't love you.  Of course He does!  He cheers us on to do better when we make mistakes."  That was really touching for me especially because so many people have difficulty accepting God's love for them, both inside and outside the Church.  We could do well by following the Beatles counsel of, "All you need is love!"  for "God is love" (1 John 4:8)

I woke up at 5:15 this morning to hop along down to the Tidal Basin and do sunrise pictures at the Jefferson Memorial and with the cherry blossoms.  It was absolutely gorgeous.  The blossoms are just so light and fluffy looking!  It reminds me of snow.  I took almost 200 pictures on my camera.  I'm sending home a package soon, this time with pictures in it!  So be ready to do some real organizing.

Glad to hear about Autumn's first flight and how smart Codie is :)  Also I'm sure the house and backyard are gonna look different by the time I'm back in the bubble, can't wait to see it!

To the edge!  Catch the wave!  Missionary fun!  Love you as big as the universe!

Elder Schoemig

No comments:

Post a Comment