Monday, January 20, 2014

January 20, 2014 - Armor of God: Victorious!

Goooooooood afternoon Schoemig Mom!  (can you hear me impersonating Ty from Extreme Makeover:Home Edition?)  This morning I woke up at 5 am to go down to the Lincoln Memorial for sunrise pictures, probably for the last time, and played football and ultimate frisbee.  Walking on the National Mall used to give me chills, now it feels like home.  We also went to the famous Ben's Chili Bowl on U Street, I'm an official Washingtonian now!  It is the home of Bill Cosby's favorite half-smoke chili dog.  I know Grandpa Jarvis is gonna be proud of me, and I think we should go there when you're here.  It was delicious, however after eating it I felt like I walked like Bill Cosby does now... niiiiice and slooooooooooow.  hahahahaha.
I was so psyched to see the picture of Jamieson and you all on Facebook!  He is one of my favorite companions, and I know you felt the same love for him that I did.  I spent 6 straight months by his side, doing the work of the Lord in the ASL program, so we grew pretty tight.  

That's good news about the ASL program and the church!  I'm very excited for that, and hopefully I can be involved back home.  And it was good to hear about all the kid's success, I pray for them every day.

This last week was a hard fought week in the battle for righteousness, and those wearing the Armor of God came out victorious.  I felt really, truly alive and awake last week as we talked to everyone we could and invited them all to learn more.  As a result, we have lots of potential for this week, and our whole zone was blessed to find 53 new investigators last week!  For this mission, that is a TON!  Everyone was just letting their knees hit the floor and their shoes hit the pavement as we worked our tails off to be obedient and #findandbaptize!  It was sweet!  Now we turn those new investigators into investigators who are fellowshipped by ward members, come to church, set a baptismal date and be baptized and confirmed!  This work is exciting!

Ok, there's nothing I need... BUT don't plan anything for the night of Thursday February 20th, because we'll be going down to Calvert to eat dinner with some of my very favorite people on the mission.  I'll try to set up some other meal appointments for us!

LOVE YOU TO THE EDGE OF THE UNIVERSE AND BACK AGAIN! closer to the edge... Elder Schoemig

No comments:

Post a Comment