Tuesday, July 3, 2012

July 3, 2012

Hello hello hello outside world! My first order of business is to wish my older sister Amanda a very happy 21st birthday! Whooooohooooo! Happy birthday Mandi I hope it is the bestest you've ever had! I love you!

Just to let everyone know, those storms we had were awesome! But dangerous and I do feel bad for the scores and scores of people now without power. It was beautiful to watch on Friday night though.

On Sunday John was confirmed! It was super good. Also the famous interpreter, Wing Butler, showed up to church with the Arthur family and I got to talk with him. He said that Mom told him on FB that he HAD to come see me haha. John was excited to meet Wing, since Wing interpreted the Joseph Smith movie and John loves that movie.

I'm hopin and prayin for little Lexie to get better. Also for all the fires to stop.

I'm emailing on Tuesday cuz President Matsumori wanted us to cuz tmrw all the libraries will be closed. I can't wait for tomorrow, it'll be so fun to be here in DC for the celebration of the birth of our nation! Our plans are to go to the Mall in the morning, check out the Folk Festival, go to Red Robin for lunch, the Heath's for dinner, and tomorrow is an all day P-Day so I'll get to watch the fireworks tomorrow!!! I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pumped!!! It's gonna be sup totes awes and ridic and HA! classic. Tomorrow will be the best 4th of July ever.
 
This morning I gave a workshop on humility in district meeting. That is one thing that I've really tried to learn on my mission, is humility to put the Lord's will before mine, and to serve my fellow man. It was super powerful and I could feel the Spirit very strongly. I talked about Nephi and his Psalm (a very good read, 2 Nephi 4, and thanks Grandpa Jarvis for always talking to me about it) and the 14-0 Lone Peak Knights of last year and how they weren't perfect but they were humble every week and practiced hard and they achieved their goals. Also how spiritual they were, the morning of the championship game I remember going to do baptisms for the dead with about 15 of the guys.

I love you all and wish you the happiest 4th of July you've ever had! And happy birthday Amanda again! To the edge, Elder Schoemig

No comments:

Post a Comment