Wednesday, July 25, 2012

July 25, 2012

Hi Mom and the rest of the cyber-world that will happen to read this letter!  If for some reason you are somebody from the depths of Mongolia and happen to be bored and just reading random stuff on the web, I invite you to visit mormon.org to find out more about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  There got my cyber-proselyting in for the day haha :)

Well first thing I wanna do is let everyone know that I am deeply sorrowful to hear about the terrible school and movie theater massacres.  We must remember in times like these the Savior's treatment of the woman adulterer. "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.... And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?  She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more."  It is not easy to forgive acts like what has happened.  We love the man, we hate the act. 

Well now onto a happy note!  K is still a sweet little angel.  She is so sincere and excited to learn.  We had a lesson with her and her older sister, S, and her mom, K, on monday that went really well.  I made S and K hug each other, kinda like when Grandpa would make me and Amanda hug hahaha.  I know they can come back to the fold and experience the happiness that comes from it.

Shout out to Ben and Dana!  Especially Dana cuz I met someone from Hanksville!  His name is Elder W (don't know his first name).  I asked him where he was from and he said Hanksville so I told him about you too and he knows you! 

Congrats to my cousin Garett who I heard did amazing singing at the Broadway Revue in Monroe yesterday!  That's my Donkey right there, always singing :)

I'm glad Autumn is doing great and working hard, and I'm glad that Dakota has turned into a lacrosse monster! 

Today we visited the National Gallery of Art and it was super cool to see all those famous works that are in there.  My favorite was the one of the she-wolf and Romulus and Remus, obviously from my love of history in general and especially the Romans.  Another cool one was one where one guy was knocking another guy out of boxing ring.  Another cool one was a portrait of Napolean Bonaparte (shout out to my friend Kevin , who I have no idea if he's still at school or on a mission or what.  Somebody please find out!)  There were a lot of pictures and sculptures of scriptural things; lots of crucifixion ones and a really big cool one of Daniel in the Lions Den.

Well the Book is blue, the Church is true.  My testimony is that the Jesus Christ is the Son of God, He true business lived and died for us.  For you and for me.  He set up His church through Joseph Smith, for the salvation and exaltation of all mankind.  (Can you tell I discovered how to change the font? :P )   I lve you, and to the edge, Elder Schoemig

No comments:

Post a Comment