Wednesday, December 19, 2012

December 19, 2012 - Christ, faith, hope and gift

Merry Christmas everybody! And to my aunt Jenny, happy birthday! I can't believe in 6 days is....wait for it... CHRISTMAS!!! Today was our transfer temple trip and I had another great spiritual experience, it's one that I want to share because it has to do with Christmas.

At Christmas time we all give each other gifts. At Christmastime we celebrate a gift that was given to us a long time ago. 2012 years ago in fact. In the Celestial Room I read like I typically do my favorite chapter, Ether 12, and was truly searching for the scriptures to touch my heart. This section did and I would like to share it with all of you. "For it was by faith that Christ showed himself unto our fathers, after he had risen from the dead; and he showed not himself unto them until after they had faith in him; wherefore, it must needs be that some had faith in him, for he showed himself not unto the world. But because of the faith of men he has shown himself unto the world, and glorified the name of the Father, and prepared a way that thereby others might be partakers of the heavenly gift, that they might hope for those things which they have not seen. Wherefore, ye may also have hope, and be partakers of the gift, if ye will but have faith. Behold it was by faith that they of old were called after the holy order of God. Wherefore, by faith was the law of Moses given. But in the gift of his Son hath God prepared a more excellent way; and it is by faith that it hath been fulfilled." This scripture did sink into my soul as I was reminded of the greatness of the heavenly gift, the Son of God. He came into the world to show us the path, a more excellent way. It is my deepest and most tender testimony to say that Christ is my Savior, my Redeemer. He is the lover of my soul and I am in His hands, even as my hand is in His. Remember that this Christmas season it is the purpose to be Christlike.

Our two golden investigators didn't make it to church this Sunday but we are still a go, this time for January 6th. Pray for K and S to be ready as ever and to keep it up. We are not discouraged, in fact we are elated, because this means more time to teach them, it was kinda rushed up til now.
 
P.L.A.C.T. and go Irish and Knights. I love you Mom and family and friends! To the edge, Love Elder Schoemig

No comments:

Post a Comment