Wednesday, December 5, 2012

December 5, 2012 - Birthday

Hey Mom I'm doing great here in Calvert ward! It's been fun and we just picked up 2 new investigators from a part member family. It is an 18 year old boy and his 9 year old brother. They had us over for dinner last night, which was super delicious, steak and shrimp. Yes I'm getting spoiled haha. Their names are K and S. Keep them in your prayers. We are trying to focus a lot on part member families and less actives. Tracting here doesn't work out so well. We'd have to walk forever to get from one house to the next. It's very nice and roomy in Calvert, complete opposite of what I'm used to in DC. Hopefully we're going to the beach today to try and find some cool shells or sharks teeth.
 
The B's confirmation on Sunday was fantastic! All four of them were so happy and it has been such a blessing to be able to be a part of this family's transformation. Me and the mom, N, really get along because we're both Baltimore Ravens fans :) I love them, the B, the family not the football team.
 
This Friday is my birthday. The S's family are having us over for dinner and so I'm really looking forward to it. They are super cool. I got the package from you and one from Grandma. I must be honest and tell you that I couldn't wait to open at least one so I opened the one from Grandma. It made me smile so much and put those warm fuzzies into my heart. Thank you family and especially Tracy for all the health and hygiene facts hahahaha.
 
I'll be writing the letter to Bishop Badger today :)

I'll have to look into the new curriculum. I know that our ward had a youth meeting for the new YM and YW programs but I don't really know what it is yet.

I'm so grateful for all the blessings we have received as a family. More and more miracles are poured upon our heads with each passing day. I think that's the way God intends it to be done. We are humble and do His will so he blesses us. We give our thanks and continue in righteousness and He blesses us even more abundantly. I'd like to call that the "Humility Cycle". Too bad the Nephites never could figure that one out.

I'm praying for my best friend Elder Lewis. I love him so much and have had him in my thoughts and prayers. Elder Lewis is a warrior unlike any other.

Love you family! As big as the universe! To the edge! Elder Schoemig

p.s. the new Visitor Center is SOOOOOOOO cool
 
(Mom's note:  Elder Lewis/Taylor had surgery today and there was complications but other than that, he came out of it.  So we are grateful for it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment