Monday, December 16, 2013

December 16, 2013 - Festival of Lights at the Visitor's Center

Hi Mom!  Things are cold here, as per the usual during the last few weeks.  Last week we got to do parking at the VC for Festival of Lights and stand out in the cold for a few hours waving what I call a "mini-lightsaber."  That was fun and it wasn't very busy so we got to finish early and go watch the performance.  There was one performance that blew me away, it was a vocal school particularly for opera, and one of the professionals was this older gentleman who sang a beautiful and very moving rendition of "O Holy Night."  I think that song is my theme for this December.  It's just been runnin through my head the whole month.
I'll let you know when I get the package,  it'll give me something that I can open on Christmas morning!  Crazy about Dakota getting the priesthood so soon!  Kids really do grow up fast, but not me.  I'm as much of a kid as I've ever been.  That's something Grandpa Jarvis and I have in common I think :)

Well I couldn't end the email this week without wishing Jenny a happy birthday!  Hope you celebrate by listening to some Pink Floyd and Queensryche for me!  

Well, thanks for everything Mom.  You are the best.  I love you AS BIG AS THE UNIVERSE, closer to the edge, Elder Schoemig

No comments:

Post a Comment