Monday, December 23, 2013

December 23, 2013 - The last Videophone call home from mission field!

Merry Christmas Mom!  Emailing from a warm, wet, but still miserable Maryland winter, it's been in the 60's and 70's for the past few days.  Wowzer!  Never thought I'd be sweating while I was tracting in December!  I'm looking forward to the call on Wednesday of course, it'll be fun to see everyone one final time before the big day arrives in February.  Yikes, that's scary to think about.
Anyone, Elder Giles and I have had the opportunity to play Santa's little helpers the past week while packages have been flooding in from all over the USA to members of our zone.  We get the packages from the assistants or President Cooke, then deliver them to the various zone members.  Some Elders just can't wait and open the package on the spot, but I'm a good boy and haven't opened mine yet :)  By the way, thank you to the Robinson family for sending me a package :)  It means a lot to me!  

Our Christmas conference this week will include a variety show of sorts in which our zone will have some time to put on a little performance.  We've decided that the Elder's will be putting on our version of the classic Christmas ballet, "The Nutcracker."  Thanks to the many performances by Mandi and Autumn, and a little help from the Sister's in the zone, we've got about a 2-3 minute dance we'll be doing.  I will also immediately afterwards retaking my "Man Card" by figuratively cracking skulls open with my bo staff that I bought at Home Depot a few weeks ago.  It felt reallllly good to have one of those in my hands again.  All in all it should be a great conference.  Did I tell you that we're watching Monster's University this year?  We're psyched for it.

Well the missionary work continues as usual.  Elder Giles and I have found this past week to be a little bit more productive as we've tweaked our schedule a little bit so we can have more proselyting time.  It's turned out great, with a new investigator and multiple potentials that we'll be trying to contact through this holiday season.  That's the one rough part about these couple weeks, is that everyone get's so busy running around doing different things that it's hard to set up appointments with them.  So we'll do what we can and look to January for a hot start to the new year.  

I love you Mom!  That call on Christmas will be the best present I could receive!  I hope everyone drinks some egg nog, watches some "White Christmas," sits around the fire, enjoys the candle light Christmas Eve dinner, and just basks in the glory and joy of the birthday of the boy that saved our lives.  TO THE EDGE OF THE UNIVERSE!!! closer to the edge, Elder Schoemig

No comments:

Post a Comment