Monday, December 30, 2013

December 30, 2013 - 7 more weeks!

It's off to work we go!  After a somewhat soft schedule during the
week of Christmas we're staring down the barrel of a 7 week sprint
towards the end of the greatest two years for my life and we're
saying, "bring it on!"  Temple trip is this week, tomorrow in fact,
and it'll be the perfect opportunity to make the last commitment to
the Lord for this next transfer.  Elder Giles and I have been
thinking, and we don't think that we're staying together... so we'll
see who I get if our gut feelings are accurate, otherwise we're all
in.

This past Christmas call was the best one I think for a couple of
reasons.  1) I got to see everyone for a final time before the real
thing 2) Everyone was in Ohio State garb, go Buckeyes! 3) I got to
hear Grandma and Grandpa Jarvis' voice, something that hasn't happened
for a looooooooooooooooong time! 4) I just felt the overwhelming
support that my family has given me even amidst so many personal
trials and temptations at home.  I am so proud to be a Schoemig, our
name carries the honor and dignity with it that Grandpa Schoemig would
be proud of.

Brother A is doing well, we are meeting with him today and
Wednesday.  We are gonna have his baptism in January, it turns out
that December was just a really bad month for us all around, but he
came to Church and still wants to so we're going for it.  We are
trying to work with another part member, I and her husband Ishmael
as well.

By the way, have I ever told you what my area is like?  It's a mix
between Africa and Central/South America, with a little bit of native
Merlinder and Washingtonian mixed it.  But mostly Africa and South
America.  I was standing in the store a few weeks ago, looked around,
and realized that we were the only white guys there.  That's how it
always is, but I never realized it til then.  Odd huh?

Mom I just wanted to express my appreciation to you, you have always
been a rock for me and for our family.  I don't think we could survive
without you!  One of my favorite things that you taught me is how to
truly feel others pain, to feel true love for another.  Thank you.
So, yeah... to the edge.... always.

I LOVE you to the EDGE of the UNIVERSE!!! Elder Schoemig

No comments:

Post a Comment