Sunday, July 14, 2013

July 10, 2013 - Sea of Glory and Testimony

Hey Mom, I hate packing too!  That's why it's a good idea to have the least amount of things possible to take with you, which is why I'm going to need a little extra moneys on my home card so I can send some stuff I don't need home.  :)  (I think that went well, don't you?) 

Anyway... here's the Fourth of July celebration that you've all been waiting for!  We woke up and got ready, we went down to Rockville chapel, I BAPTIZED Ty amidst a sea of glory and happiness and a really big splash, we went to the Metro, we rode down to Chinatown, we looked at some stuffs, we walked to the Mall, we watched the parade, we listened to a Christian rock band, we walked around, we found s'more missionaries, we went to the Holocaust museum, I was horrified, it was a good experience, I reflected that I'm lucky to be an American, we went back home, we went with our investigator Jeff to a YSA activity in the most western town of our mission, Poolesville, which is suuuuuuuupah far away from everything, we had a good bbq dinner, we barely watched the fireworks because we were a little bit late, we traveled back to the apartment, there was a lot of traffic, we got home at 10:35, not as late as last year, we went to bed, end of story.   It was super fun and I really enjoyed this Fourth of July.  Different from last year but the feeling of patriotism was still the same.  It's special to be on the National Mall surrounded by the monuments, memorials, museums, and government buildings. (Sorry I couldn't think of a word that started with an "M" that described government buildings. Oh well.)
J didn't come to church this week :( on account that he had a bad night's sleep the night before.  We hope to see him tonight at Institute so we'll see how it goes.  We've been workin on trying to work with the people we've got and been given from the ward.  It's going pretty well.  The schedule seems to be fuller every week so that's good.  More people we work with=More people coming to Jesus. 
Sunday in testimony meeting I bore my testimony of the time when I went to Scout camp in Star Valley and had my first "conversion" experience.  Remember that Mom?  That was special huh?  I also talked a little about Dad's heart attack and the miracles.  I told them I told Dad he couldn't die because he had to see me and my little brothers go on missions and get married.  I told them they could count on us as missionaries and to let us help them.  It was a super great testimony.  Not used to bearing it to that many people though.  Doing it in the ASL branch means a much smaller crowd. 
Anyway, I love you to the edge of the UNIVERSE!  To the edge, your eternal son, Elder Schoemig

(Mom's note:  Sorry this is out late, we were out of town and had no service up where we were, Bear Lake.  :)  We hurry home early this morning to make it in time to go and see Elder Schoemig's best friend's homecoming report, Elder Taylor Lewis.  We are grateful for these four boys (Kenny, Jackson, Taylor and Kale) for their friendships.  Well done Elder Lewis!  We love you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment