Wednesday, July 3, 2013

July 3, 2013 - Big sister's birthday :)

Hey Mom! Thanks for all the news from home, I always love to hear what's going on :)  Out here we had a change of mission presidents, as it sounds like many others did too.  President Cooke and his wife and their two kids, J age 15 and E age 13.  They are super great I got the chance to meet them yesterday at the zone training meeting.  They talked for a little at first just a little get to know us and look forward to working with you type deal.  It is strange without the Matsumori's but I know the Cooke's are called of God and they will continue the great tradition of the Washington DC North Mission.  

I need to send a great BIG shout-out to my older "little" sister Amanda!  It's her 22 birthday today and she's the best!  If you knew Amanda like I know her you'd know that she is loving and caring of her brothers and sisters.  You'd know that she is a gorgeous dancer and fighter.  You'd know that she has an awesome testimony of Jesus Christ and family and that she is very spiritual.  You'd know that she is fun to be around especially when it's summer and the windows are down and the music is up.  You'd know that I love her... and on occasion I even give her a hug :)  LOVE YA MANDI!  

J is doing super great.  He's gonna set a date for himself to be baptized.  We had a great lesson last night with Brother A and the Spirit was there so strongly!  J is hooked.  All we gotta do is real him in and dunk him in the holy water hahaha.

Well this week will be a fun week, tomorrow is the true p-day but we were told to email today as all the libraries will be closed tomorrow for the 4th.  This is my last celebration of this nation's birthday in the Capital so I'm going to make the most of it!

I love you to the edge of the universe!  To the edge!  Oh say can you see that Star Spangled Banner yet wave, o'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

-Elder Schoemig

No comments:

Post a Comment