Wednesday, October 2, 2013

October 2, 2013 - Facebook miracle and last General Conference as missionary this weekend!

WEEEE OOOOO WEEEE OOOOO WEEEE OOOOO!!! This is a Washington DC North Mission Miracle Alert coming at you from Gaithersburg 1st ward.  After befriending an awesome guy by the name of R, he reached out to Elder Schoemig on Facebook and mentioned he wanted to take the lessons!  So after setting up a time and date on October 1st, 2013, Elder Schoemig and his companion, Elder B, prayed, thought about, and prepared a lesson for R.  The lesson was fantastic!  It resulted in one soul taking a step closer to Christ by accepting a baptismal date for November 2nd!  Throughout the lesson, R kept commenting, "I guess I'm going to have to read the Book," to which Elder Schoemig would reply, "Yep you gotta read the Book."  Concerning the lesson Elder Brimhall remarked, "I felt the Spirit so strongly, throughout the entire lesson but at two points in particular.  One when R was saying something, and another when [Elder Schoemig] extended the baptismal invitation and date.  There was no way he was going to say no."  What a miracle ladies and gentlemen, and how great the mercy of our God and King for allowing these two servants to take part in it.  Many more mighty miracles may multiply as more Men make the move to their Maker.  Stand by and be on high alert as the Lord proceeds to do His marvelous work and wonder among the children of Men.

Yeah.... so that was awesome.  
 
In other news, J is still on date of the 26th!  We're excited about that and he is too still.  He got invited to a dillion people's houses to watch General Conference.  Last week we almost had a crisis but we averted it on account of the Lord being so good to us.  

Biggest and most heartfelt congratulations to all the black belt testers this past week!  Especially to my little bro, Chandler Schoemig, for "beating" his older brother and becoming the "first of him."  Congrats!  Now I can call him teacher instead of the other way around!  Cool!
 
Well I've been so excited for General Conference I just don't have any more words for it!  I'll put in my email what I put on Facebook just so anyone who didn't see it can have a chance to hear my testimony.

"I love General Conference! The Prophets and Apostles and other speakers speak the words of Christ. "And now, my beloved brethren, and also Jew, and all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them
 unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good.
And if they are not the words of Christ, judge ye—for Christ will  show unto you, with power and great glory, that they are his words, at the last day; and you and I shall stand face to face before his bar; and ye shall know that I have been commanded of him to write these things, notwithstanding my weakness.
And I pray the Father in the name of Christ that many of us, if not all, may be saved in his kingdom at that great and last day." 2 Nephi 33:10-12

Go to General Conference. Watch with open eyes and listen with open ears. Your understanding and faith will increase. Your joy and peace will deepen. I love Conference!" (I don't know if it's against a copyright to repost what I put on Facebook but I imagine since it's my own stuff I should be ok right?)
 
Mom, you didn't make me tooooo trunky.  Just a little trunky, but that's ok.  It's outta my mind and I'm refocused on baptizing souls so they can receive the Holy Ghost.  Hey that kinda rhymes if you say it in a rhythmic fashion.  This is for Jenny, "I've got soul but I'm not a soldier."  Saying souls just made me think of that.  

Wellllll, gotta go now!  Super long email this week mom but I sure enjoyed it!  I LOVE YOU TO THE EDGE OF THE UNIVERSE! to the edge, Elder Schoemig
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment