Wednesday, May 9, 2012

May 9, 2012

Ah ha!  I am now 3 months old!  What a good letter, sounds like everyone is very very busy!   I love getting all these emails with everything is going on, and Mom you better be keeping em so I can read em when I get back (if I have the time!)  So much is going on and everyone, like you said, is growing up.  Is there ever a stop to it?  No we just have to enjoy each moment as it comes to pass.  I feel like it was just yesterday that me, Kale, Taylor, and Jackson were having Lego and Nerf wars in the Lewis basement hahaha. 
 
I am going to try and give a brief rundown of what I did since last Wednesday:  Wednesday night we went to the Heath's home in College Park for dinner.  Mmmm delicious :)
 
Thursday we had to go get our car fixed, the steering wheel was wobbling when we braked, but now it is all fixed.  It took forever!  Like 7 hours so we helped out around the mission office washing cars and stuff.  Then we visited the Ethiopians that night with Sister Deb Moore, her testimony is so awesome and that was our best lesson yet!  Unfortunately they still haven't read the Book and gained a testimony so darn.
 
Friday we went to the VC and had a great time with the recent convert, Charo!  We interpretted for her and then watched "To this end was I born" and the end scene with the empty tomb was super powerful for me.  He lives!  We also visited Greg, and committed him to come to church.
 
Saturday was the bomb!   Elder Bednar came and spoke to us at the VC!  Baltimore, DC N, and DC S missions were all there, and I got to see Elder Jared Pyne :) but didn't see Elder Tanner Wilson :(  He spoke about patterns, false and true ones, and was really funny and humble.  Instead of a talk, he had people ask him questions and he would answer them.  Very different from the GC version of an Apostle haha.
 
Sunday was fast Sunday, and Greg actually came to church!  That was so sweet the first time an investigator came to church.  He said he felt the spirit and felt good, so I'm happy about that.  I bore my testimony that Christ lives!  and that there is no where else and no one else I'd rather be serving then them.  Sunday night a Jewish scholar came to the church building and we interpretted for a member.  Very interesting people are the Jews.  It is sad they don't recognize their Messiah has already come.  We tried to talk with him a little after, but he is a very strong Jew, so to no avail. 
 
Monday we went to the Scott's home for service, dug a root out of his backyard, and he was nice enough to sharpen the ax we have so now it's sup totes dange (dangerous, that one is for you Anna and Mike Chex too ;) )  Then we visited Kizzy, a LA and we will walk to church with her on Mother's Day.  We want to show her how much we are willing to do for her.  Also stopped by Christian, a 15 year old boy who is almost full ASL.  It's fun to chat with him.  Then had exchanges!  Elder Lindsay came with me.
 
Tuesday was exchange day.  Got to know Elder L pretty well.  He's from Montreal and speaks French, English, and Spanish.  He also knows a little bit in 20 African dialects.  Crazy Canadians (that's for Kale)  We had district meeting in the morning then checked up on a bunch of formers and LA, almost no one was home except for a guy named G who answered the door in his towel haha.  He's LA but we set up an appt with him.  Had dinner at a Meditarranean grill named Rδti.  It was super good.  Then went over to T's house.  Her mom doesn't want us to go over there, her mom called us and told us not to, but we went over yesterday.  Unfortunately T was sick so we just talked to E for a bit.  Then switched back to get Elder L.
 
Well this morning we woke up had study went shopping and now we are here.  We don't know exactly what we're gonna see today, we are going exploring.  I'll let you know next week.  I love you all and am super glad that you are gonna start reading the Book of Mormon soon!  Right now I'm in Alma 47 and everytime Captain Moroni says something the Spirit just chills me and gives me goosebumps.  He's so awesome. 
 
Ok on Mother's day I'm gonna call 5 o'clock my time, which is 3 o'clock your time ok?  I'll see ya on Sunday!  Love Elder Schoemig

No comments:

Post a Comment