Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May 2, 2012

Hello and good day everyone! Today I am emailing from (drum roll please).......... The Library of Congress! Crazy right? It's sup totes clas. This morning we spent our time in the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History and I got to see all sorts of cool stuff! Animals, dinosaurs, the Hope Diamond! I even saw a giant squid! (btw future wife, when you read this, I wish I could use the hope diamond for your wedding ring, but I don't think it's gonna happen hahaha) Cool stuff, we walked from there all the way past the Capitol building, and now we are in the LOC. Anyway, my week went well, kinda slow at the end of last week, but on Sunday me and my companion, Elder L, made a covenant with the Lord that we would be 100% obedient and maybe He could bless us with someone who wants to be baptized. And yesterday we found 2 new investigators! Their names are Travia and Edward, a mother and son. They are really interested in learning about God and I hope this is the Lord's answer to our prayer! We really want to be the best missionaries we can be, and are willing to do whatever it takes to lead souls closer to Christ. I wish I could of been there over 2000 years ago when Alma, Ammon, Omner, Amulek, Zeezrom, and Alma's sons went to teach the Zoramites. So much spiritual firepower in that group! Sheesh those men could not be stopped by anyone or anything, cuz they knew the Lord was on their side and had full trust and faith in Him. I want to become like that. Anyway thanks for all the prayers on behalf of me and my family. It means a lot to know so many who care about us. Thank you. To the edge, with love, Elder Schoemig. p.s. if you are reading this, send me a letter! I'd love to hear from you and how you're doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment